1) Crisp and Park Company is a family-owned firm that has been in business for 10 years. The company’s founders, Mr. Crisp and Ms. Park, were cousins, and all of the company’s employees until now have been family members. The company is growing and has begun to add employees who are not family members. A common complaint about the new employees is that even though new and veteran employees are treated identically, there is a wider variation in the personalities of new employees than in veteran employees. What factors could account for this problem?
2) Two department managers are discussing how important personality is to organizational performance. The production manager, Tucker Crisp, says that personality is not that large of a factor in determining organizational performance on the assembly line he manages. Cindy Park says that personality is very important for employees to contribute to the success of her marketing team. Can both Crisp and Park be correct? If so, how? If not, why not?
4) Why is a working knowledge of organizational behavior important to organizations and their employees?
5. Why is it important to analyze the behavior of individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole to understand organizational behavior in work settings?
7) A lawyer needs to score high on which of the Big Five personality traits? Why?
8) What are some situations in which you would not expect employeesâ?? personalities to influence their behavior?
9) What levels of need for achievement, power, and affiliation might be desirable for an elementary school teacher?
10. What types of abilities are especially important for an upper-level manager (such as the president of a division) to possess and why?
1) Megan was hiring several people for an opening in the company. She had a few basic questions to ask but was unsure if the answers were telling her if the candidate would be a good fit. Before she interviews anyone else, it would be BEST for her to ________ in order to determine which candidates would be a good fit.
A) identify the tasks she will need the employees to do
B) decide the most efficient way to train who she hires
C) obtain IQ test results from all prospective candidates
D) check the references of all candidates
2) Which of the following statements is FALSE?
A) Selection relates to the nature aspects of ability.
B) Placement relates to the nature aspects of ability.
C) Training relates to the nurture aspects of ability.
D) Placement relates to the nurture aspects of ability.
3) Darlene has just been hired by a major corporation to ensure that the corporation’s use of IT fosters creativity and innovation amongst employees. What question should Darlene ask to ensure that IT fulfills this objective?
A) How much will it cost to place a computer workstation on every desktop?
B) How can we use technology to influence organizational behaviors?
C) How can we best reduce the cost of international phone calls?
D) How much time should we allow employees to access the World Wide Web each day?
4) A company is losing money. The top management team decides to lay off workers and move its production branch to India. The employees not laid off will be given more responsibility allowing them to make more decisions. Which of the following did NOT occur?
5) Which of the following has NOT caused the relationship between an organization and its members to change?
A) increasing globalization
B) emerging technology
C) decreasing responsibilities
D) increasing number of virtual teams
6) Which of the following is NOT a consequence of corporate downsizing?
A) increased responsibility among remaining employees
B) increased savings and less expenses for corporation
C) increased stress felt by remaining employees
D) increased ability to accomplish objectives more quickly
7) Joe started working at High Sales 15 years ago. He has moved up in the ranks and will shortly be involved in the hiring of 20 new employees. When he began, he did not have many skills. After his experiences, he firmly believes that anyone can be taught anything if given the proper instruction. In which way is Joe MOST LIKELY to manage ability during the interview process?
8 ) Which of the following is NOT an effect of the changing global economy?
A) increased longevity by individual workers at a single company
B) higher pressure for individuals to improve skills and desirability
C) more companies doing work in different countries
D) increases in temporary employees Solution Preview
What factors could account for this problem
The veteran employees within the organization referred to the older employees who were close relatives to the founders of the organization therefore they had a feeling of ownership and they were more comfortable working in the organization compared to the newly employed employees within the organization. In addition to this, the older employees felt like they had job security compared to the newly employed ones and hence they had no fear of loosing their jobs at any instance compared to the newly employed individuals.
Can both Crisp and Park be correct? If so, how? If not, why not?
Crisp is not correct but Parker is correct because personality is also required during production to ensure that the commodities being produced maintained not only a high quality but also a high value. Crisp on the other hand argues that personality and marketing go hand in hand which is correct since customers will always associate themselves with commodities which are highly personalized and unique.
Why is a working knowledge of organizational behavior important to organizations and their employees?
Working knowledge of organizational behavior is considered important to organizations and their employees because managers within an organization can be able to use the working knowledge theories and knowledge of the organizational behavior to improve the practices of management within the organization to effectively influence the employees working behavior so that the organization can attain its goals effectively (McGinnis, 2003).
Why is it important to analyze the behavior of individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole to understand organizational behavior in work settings?
Analyzing the behavior of individuals, groups and organization as a whole is considered as an important action since it will assist managers in understanding perceptions, values, attitudes, and …
Why working knowledge of organizational behavior important to organizations are determined.To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.