The following problems and questions came from Physics 7th edition by Cutnell and Johnson, chapter 2– they include displacement, speed and velocity, acceleration, equations of kinematics for constant acceleration, applications of the equations of kinematics, freely falling bodies, and graphical analysis of velocity and acceleration.
1.Two buses depart from Chicago, one going to New York and one to San Francisco. Each bus travels at a speed of 30 m/s. Do they have equal velocities?
2.Is the average speed of a vehicle a vector or a scalar quantity?
3.One of the following statements is incorrect. (a)The car traveled around the track at a constant velocity. (b) The car traveled around the track at a constant speed. Which statement is incorrect? Why?
4.An object moving with a constant acceleration can certainly slow down. But can an object ever come to a permanent halt if its acceleration truly remains constant? Explain.
5. Two objects are thrown vertically upward, first one, and then, a bit later, the other. Is it possible that both reach the same maximum height at the same instant?
(Displacement, Speed and Velocity)
1. An 18-year-old runner can complete a 10.0 km course with an average speed of 4.39 m/s. A 50 year old runner can cover the same distance with an average speed of 4.27 m/s. How much later (in seconds) should the younger runner start in order to finish the course at the same time as the older runner?
2. A bicyclist makes a trip that consists of three parts, each in the same direction (due north) along a straight road. During the first part, she rides for 22 minutes at an average speed of 7.2 m/s. During the second part, she rides for 36 minutes at an average speed of 5.1 m/s. Finally, during the third part, she rides for 8.0 minutes at an average of 13 m/s. (a) How far has the bicyclist traveled during the entire trip? (b) What is her average velocity for the trip?
3. For a standard production car, the highest road-tested acceleration ever reported occurred in 1993, when a Ford RS200 Evolution went from zero to 26.8 m/s (60 mi/h) in 3.275 s. Find the magnitude of the car’s acceleration.
4. A runner accelerates to a velocity of 4.15 m/s due west in 1.50 s. His average acceleration is 0.640 m/s2, also directed due west. What was his velocity when he began accelerating?
(Equations of Kinematics for Constant Acceleration)
5. A cart is driven by a large propeller or fan, which can accelerate or decelerate the cart. The cart starts out at the position x = 0 m, with an initial velocity of +5.0 m/s and a constant acceleration due to the fan. The direction to the right is positive. The cart reaches a maximum positive of x = +12.5 m, where it begins to travel in the negative direction. Find the acceleration of the cart.
6. A Volkswagen Beetle goes from 0 to 60.0 mi/h with an acceleration of +2.35 m/s2. (a) How much time does it take for the Beetle to reach this speed? (b) A top-fuel dragster can go from 0 to 60.0 mi/h in 0.600 s. Find the acceleration (m/s2) of the dragster?
7. A speed ramp at an airport is basically a large conveyor belt on which you can stand and be moved along. The belt of one ramp moves at a constant speed such that a person who stands still on it leaves the ramp 64 s after getting on. Clifford is in real hurry, however, and skips the speed ramp. Starting from the rest with an acceleration of 0.37 m/s2, he covers the same distance as the ramp does, but in one -fourth the time. What is the speed at which the belt of the ramp is moving?
8. A race driver is made a pit stop to refuel. After refueling, he leaves the pit area with an acceleration whose magnitude is 6.0 m/s2; after 4.0 s he enters the main speedway. At the same instant, another car on the speedway and traveling at a constant speed of 70.0 m/s overtakes and passes the entering car. If the entering car maintains its acceleration, how much time is required for it to catch the other car?
(Freely Falling Bodies)
9. From the top of the cliff, a person uses a slingshot to fire a pebble straight downward, which is the negative direction. The initial speed of the pebble is 9.0 m/s. (a) what is the acceleration (magnitude and direction) of the pebble during the downward motion? Is the pebble decelerating? Explain. (b) After 0.50 second, how far beneath the cliff top is the pebble?
10. Two identical pellet guns are fired simultaneously from the edge of a cliff. These guns impart an initial speed of 3.0 m/s to each pellet. Gun A is fired straight forward upward, with the pellet going up and then falling down, eventually hitting the ground beneath the cliff. Gun B is fired straight downward. In the absence of air resistance, how long after the pellet B hits the ground does pellet A hit the ground?
11. An astronaut on a distant planet wants to determine its acceleration due to gravity. The astronaut throws a rock straight up with a velocity of +15 m/s and measures a time of 20.0 s before the rock returns to his hand. What is the acceleration (magnitude and direction) due to gravity on this planet?
12. A woman on a bridge 75.0 m high sees a raft floating at a constant speed on a river below. She drops a stone from rest in an attempt to hit the raft. The stone is released when the raft has 7.00 m more to travel before passing under the bridge. The stone hits the water 4.00 m in front of the raft. Find the speed of the raft.
The solution is comprised of detailed step-by-step calculations and explanation of the given problem. To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.