Please help with answering multiple choice in the attached doc.
42. Under the corporate form of business organization
a. a stockholder is personally liable for the debts of the corporation.
b. stockholders’ acts can bind the corporation even though the stockholders have not been appointed as agents of the corporation.
c. the corporation’s life is stipulated in its charter.
d. stockholders wishing to sell their corporation shares must get the approval of other stockholders.
43. Stockholders of a corporation directly elect
a. the president of the corporation.
b. the board of directors.
c. the treasurer of the corporation.
d. all of the employees of the corporation.
44. The chief accounting officer in a company is known as the
Please see attached.
45. A factor which distinguishes the corporate form of organization from a sole proprietorship or partnership is that
a. a corporation is organized for the purpose of making a profit.
b. a corporation is subject to numerous federal and state government regulations.
c. a corporation is an accounting economic entity.
d. a corporation’s temporary accounts are closed at the end of the accounting period.
46. Which one of the following would not be considered an advantage of the corporate form of organization?
a. Limited liability of owners
b. Separate legal existence
c. Continuous life
d. Government regulation
47. The two ways that a corporation can be classified by purpose are
a. general and limited.
b. profit and nonprofit.
c. state and federal.
d. publicly held and privately held.
48. The two ways that a corporation can be classified by ownership are
a. publicly held and privately held.
b. stock and non-stock.
c. inside and outside.
d. majority and minority.
49. Which of the following would not be true of a privately held corporation?
a. It is sometimes called a closely held corporation.
b. Its shares are regularly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
c. It does not offer its shares for sale to the general public.
d. It is usually smaller than a publicly held company.
50. Which of the following is not true of a corporation?
a. It may buy, own, and sell property.
b. It may sue and be sued.
c. The acts of its owners bind the corporation.
d. It may enter into binding legal contracts in its own name.
51. Bob Rice has invested $400,000 in a privately held family corporation. The corporation does not do well and must declare bankruptcy. What amount does Rice stand to lose?
a. Up to his total investment of $400,000.
c. The $400,000 plus any personal assets the creditors demand.
52. Which of the following statements reflects the transferability of ownership rights in a corporation?
a. If a shareholder decides to transfer ownership, he must transfer all of his shares.
b. A shareholder may dispose of part or all of his shares.
c. A shareholder must obtain permission of the board of directors before selling shares.
d. A shareholder must obtain permission from at least three other stockholders before selling shares.
53. A corporate board of directors does not generally
a. select officers.
b. formulate operating policies.
c. declare dividends.
d. execute policy.
54. The officer that is generally responsible for maintaining the cash position of the corporation is the
d. internal auditor.
55. The ability of a corporation to obtain capital is
a. enhanced because of limited liability and ease of share transferability.
b. less than a partnership.
c. restricted because of the limited life of the corporation.
d. about the same as a partnership.
56. Which of the following statements concerning taxation is accurate?
a. Partnerships pay state income taxes but not federal income taxes.
b. Corporations pay federal income taxes but not state income taxes.
c. Corporations pay federal and state income taxes.
d. Only the owners must pay taxes on corporate income.
57. Which of the following statements is not considered a disadvantage of corporate form of organization?
a. Additional taxes
b. Government regulations
c. Limited liability of stockholders
d. Separation of ownership and management
58. Which one of the following is not an ownership right of a stockholder in a corporation?
a. To vote in the election of directors
b. To declare dividends on the common stock
c. To share in assets upon liquidation
d. To share in corporate earnings
59. If no-par stock is issued without a stated value, then
a. the par value is automatically $1 per share.
b. the entire proceeds are considered to be legal capital.
c. there is no legal capital.
d. the corporation is automatically in violation of its state charter.
60. If a stockholder cannot attend a stockholders’ meeting, he may delegate his voting rights by means of
a. an absentee ballot.
b. a proxy.
c. a certified letter.
d. a telegram.
61. The term residual claim refers to a shareholder’s right to
a. receive dividends.
b. share in assets upon liquidation.
c. acquire additional shares when offered.
d. exercise a proxy vote.
62. Which of the following factors does not affect the initial market price of a stock?
a. The company’s anticipated future earnings
b. The par value of the stock
c. The current state of the economy
d. The expected dividend rate per share
63. If an investment firm underwrites a stock issue, the
a. risk of being unable to sell the shares stays with the issuing corporation.
b. corporation obtains cash immediately from the investment firm.
c. investment firm has guaranteed profits on the sale of the stock.
d. issuance of stock is likely to be directly to creditors.
64. The par value of a stock
a. is legally significant.
b. reflects the most recent market price.
c. is selected by the SEC.
d. is indicative of the worth of the stock.
65. A corporation has the following account balances: Common stock, $1 par value, $30,000; Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value, $700,000. Based on this information, the
a. legal capital is $730,000.
b. number of shares issued are 30,000.
c. number of shares outstanding are 730,000.
d. average price per share issued is $2.43.
66. The authorized stock of a corporation
a. only reflects the initial capital needs of the company.
b. is indicated in its by-laws.
c. is indicated in its charter.
d. must be recorded in a formal accounting entry.
67. If Wayne Company issues 2,000 shares of $5 par value common stock for $160,000, the account
a. Common Stock will be credited for $160,000.
b. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value will be credited for $10,000.
c. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value will be credited for $150,000.
d. Cash will be debited for $150,000.
68. If common stock is issued for an amount greater than par value, the excess should be credited to
b. Retained Earnings.
c. Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value.
d. Legal Capital.
69. If stock is issued for a noncash asset, the asset should be recorded on the books of the corporation at
a. fair market value.
d. a nominal amount.
70. If stock is issued for less than par value, the account
a. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value is credited.
b. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value is debited if a debit balance exists in the account.
c. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value is debited if a credit balance exists in the account.
d. Retained Earnings is credited.
71. The sale of common stock below par
a. is a common occurrence in most states.
b. is not permitted in most states.
c. is a practice that most shareholders encourage.
d. requires that a liability be recorded for the difference between the sales price and the par value of the shares.
72. Paid-In Capital in Excess of Stated Value
a. is credited when no-par stock does not have a stated value.
b. is reported as part of paid-in capital on the balance sheet.
c. represents the amount of legal capital.
d. normally has a debit balance.
73. Carey Company is a publicly held corporation whose $1 par value stock is actively traded at $20 per share. The company issued 3,000 shares of stock to acquire land recently advertised at $45,000. When recording this transaction, Carey Company will
a. debit Land for $45,000.
b. credit Common Stock for $60,000.
c. debit Land for $60,000.
d. credit Paid-In Capital in Excess of Par Value for $42,000.
74. Renfro Company issued 2,000 shares of its $5 par value common stock in payment of their attorney’s bill of $15,000. The bill was for services performed in helping the company incorporate. Renfro should record this transaction by debiting
a. Legal Expense for $10,000.
b. Legal Expense for $15,000.
c. Organization Expense for $10,000.
d. Organization Expense for $15,000.
75. Which of the following represents the largest number of common shares?
a. Treasury shares
b. Issued shares
c. Outstanding shares
d. Authorized shares
76. Treasury stock is
a. stock issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
b. stock purchased by a corporation and held as an investment in its treasury.
c. corporate stock issued by the treasurer of a company.
d. a corporation’s own stock which has been reacquired but not canceled.
77. The acquisition of treasury stock by a corporation
a. increases its total assets and total stockholders’ equity.
b. decreases its total assets and total stockholders’ equity.
c. has no effect on total assets and total stockholders’ equity.
d. requires that a gain or loss be recognized on the income statement.
78. Treasury stock should be reported in the financial statements of a corporation as
a. an investment.
b. a liability.
c. a deduction from total paid-in capital.
d. a deduction from total paid-in capital and retained earnings.
79. A company would not acquire treasury stock
a. in order to reissue shares to officers.
b. as an asset investment.
c. in order to increase trading of the company’s stock.
d. to have additional shares available to use in acquisitions of other companies.
80. Treasury Stock is
a. a contra asset account.
b. a retained earnings account.
c. an asset account.
d. a contra stockholders’ equity account.
81. Three thousand shares of treasury stock of Olsen, Inc., previously acquired at $16 per share, are sold at $24 per share. The entry to record this transaction will include a
a. credit to Treasury Stock for $72,000.
b. debit to Paid-In Capital from Treasury Stock for $24,000.
c. debit to Treasury Stock for $48,000.
d. credit to Paid-In Capital from Treasury Stock for $24,000.
82. Sims Company originally issued 2,000 shares of $10 par value common stock for $60,000 ($30 per share). Sims subsequently purchases 200 shares of treasury stock for $27 per share and sells the 200 shares of treasury stock for $29 per share. In the entry to record the sale, there will be a
a. credit to Common Stock for $5,400.
b. credit to Treasury Stock for $2,000.
c. debit to Paid-In Capital from Treasury Stock of $6,000.
d. credit to Paid-In Capital from Treasury Stock for $400.
83. Which of the following is not a right or preference associated with preferred stock?
a. The right to vote
b. First claim to dividends
c. Preference to corporate assets in case of liquidation
d. To receive dividends in arrears before common stockholders receive dividends
Use the following information for questions 84 – 85.
Belle Corporation issues 6,000 shares of $50 par value preferred stock for cash at $60 per share.
84. The entry to record the transaction will consist of a debit to Cash for $360,000 and a credit or credits to
a. Preferred Stock $360,000.
b. Preferred Stock $300,000 and Paid-in Capital in Excess of Par Value-Preferred Stock $60,000.
c. Preferred Stock $300,000 and Retained Earnings $60,000.
d. Paid-in Capital from Preferred Stock $360,000.
85. In the stockholders’ equity section, the effects of the transaction above will be reported
a. entirely within the capital stock section.
b. entirely within the additional paid-in capital section.
c. under both the capital stock and additional paid-in capital sections.
d. entirely under the retained earnings section.
86. Dividends in arrears on cumulative preferred stock
a. never have to be paid, even if common dividends are paid.
b. must be paid before common stockholders can receive a dividend.
c. should be recorded as a current liability until they are paid.
d. enable the preferred stockholders to share equally in corporate earnings with the common stockholders.
87. Dividends in arrears on cumulative preferred stock
a. are considered to be a non-current liability.
b. are considered to be a current liability.
c. only occur when preferred dividends have been declared.
d. should be disclosed in the notes to the financial statements.
88. Which one of the following is not necessary in order for a corporation to pay a cash dividend?
a. Adequate cash
b. Approval of stockholders
c. Declaration of dividends by the board of directors
d. Retained earnings
89. The date on which a cash dividend becomes a binding legal obligation is on the
a. declaration date.
b. date of record.
c. payment date.
d. last day of the fiscal year end.
90. The effect of the declaration of a cash dividend by the board of directors is to
a. Stockholders’ equity Assets
b. Assets Liabilities
c. Liabilities Stockholders’ equity
d. Liabilities Assets
91. The cumulative effect of the declaration and payment of a cash dividend on a company’s financial statements is to
a. decrease total liabilities and stockholders’ equity.
b. increase total expenses and total liabilities.
c. increase total assets and stockholders’ equity.
d. decrease total assets and stockholders’ equity.
92. Common Stock Dividends Distributable is classified as
a. an asset account.
b. a stockholders’ equity account.
c. an expense account.
d. a liability account.
The solution has answers to multiple choice questions relating to accounting for corporations.To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: email@example.com. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.