Practice exam to help with the final, your help will be appreciated.
Write your answers/responses to each question below the respective question. Answer the questions completely and succinctly. This is a good tool to help you with your final exam.
1. Describe the funnel, inverted-funnel, and tunnel sequence for questioning. Explain which sequence would be most appropriate in the following situations, and why.
a. An interviewer interested in finding out the daily routine of a communications manager.
b. A market researcher exploring many customers’ reactions to a new product.
c. A supervisor interviewing an employee to determine the success of a computer-training seminar.
2. Describe the five steps involved with the quintamensional plan developed by George Gallup. Select an important social topic that is worthy of a public opinion poll. Using the quintamensional plan, devise ten appropriate interview questions for the poll.
3. Describe five performance factors that are important topics in an appraisal interview. For each of the five factors, construct one sample question that is appropriate for each of following two business contexts (five sample questions for five performance factors for two business contexts for a total of ten questions.)
a. A principal appraising a teacher.
b. A production supervisor appraising a line worker.
4. Explain why or why not a single leadership style is effective for most situations.
5. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of consensus and voting as decision-making processes.
6. As a manager, you have been and/or will be confronted with verbal aggressiveness by employees, peers, and superiors. Describe the strategies that you can employ to maintain high standards of communication effectiveness and professionalism in such circumstances.
7. Explain the demographic characteristics that can be considered in an audience analysis. Describe the adaptations that can be made for the following audiences: college graduates versus high school graduates, adults over 55 versus adults under 25, clerical workers versus manufacturing workers, and employees at a for-profit corporation versus volunteers at a non-profit organization.
8. Explain how shared perspective (including both the presenter’s and the audience’s perspective) contribute to increased audience understanding and acceptance of the presentation message. Describe techniques that can be used to encourage a shared perspective.
9. Describe the process of persuasion. Describe and explain strategies that can be employed to prevent the audience from tuning out and/or dropping out during the persuasion process.
10. Develop an outline based on the process of persuasion for the following two topics.
a. Persuading the company cafeteria to stop using Styrofoam plates and cups.
b. Persuading a personnel manager to hire several college interns for your department during the summer.
1a. Describe the funnel, inverted-funnel, and tunnel sequence for questioning.
Use this question sequence when the interviewee knows the topic well and feels free to talk about it, or when the person wants to express strong feelings. This is the most common of all question sequences for all types of interviews. In this sequence, the interviewer begins with broad, open-ended questions and moves to more narrow, closed-ended questions. The interviewer may also begin with more general questions and gradually ask more specific questions.
? Inverted Funnel
This question sequence is effective when an interviewee needs help remembering something or to motivate an interviewee to talk. In this sequence, the interviewer begins with narrow, closed-ended questions and moves to more broad, open-ended questions. The interviewer may also begin with more specific questions and gradually ask more general questions.
In this sequence, all questions have the same degree of openness. Also called the “string of beads” questions sequence, the Tunnel sequence allows for little probing and variation in question structure. It can be useful for simple, surface information interviews, but not for in-depth interviews.
1b. Explain which sequence would be most appropriate in the following situations, and why.
? An interviewer interested in finding out the daily routine of a communications manager.
o Tunnel Interview would be most appropriate for this line of questioning as the interviewer is looking for specific information and since the communications manager knows his job, will need little probing.
? A market researcher exploring many customers’ reactions to a new product.
o Funnel Interview – The employee knows the topic well and needs little probing to get information from him/her. As the interview progresses, the interviewer will ask more specific questions to get more detail. Tunnel would not be appropriate because the employee needs to give detailed information. Inverted would not work because it is not a sequence interview (i.e. the employee is not trying to remember a sequence of event as in a employee issue).
? A supervisor interviewing an employee to determine the success of a computer-training seminar.
o An Inverted Funnel interview would be best in this situation. The question sequence should be narrow at first to help the employee remember the seminar and motivate the employee to speak about the course. As the employee becomes more comfortable, the questions can move to more broad, open ended questions. Since this is an in-depth interview, tunnel would not be appropriate and funnel would not be as the employee does not know the topic well.
2a. Describe the five steps involved with the quintamensional plan developed by George Gallup.
An elaborate form of question organization is Gallup’s Quintamensional plan. This plan is designed to ensure that the questions explore many aspects of the respondent’s opinions. Questions asked (and their order) are:
1. Is the respondent aware of the issue?
2. What are his general feelings about the issue?
3. Questions involving specific parts of the issue.
4. What are the reasons for his views?
5. How intense or strong are his views?
Obviously, this technique involves some aspects of the “funnel” approach, but augments it with other considerations.
2b. Select an important social topic that is worthy of a public opinion poll. Using the quintamensional plan, devise ten appropriate interview questions for the poll.
Combating poverty and social exclusion: Poverty reduction programs are relatively successful; to do even better requires contributions from education, labor market, housing, urban planning and anti-discrimination policies. Regulations concerning the renting of accommodation must not be such that they depress the supply of private housing. Efforts to provide support for poor families must be continued and focus on cost effective ways of increasing supply.
1. Do you know of anyone that is at the poverty level and currently needs housing?
2. Are you willing to have a portion of your state, county, or local taxes go towards helping individuals seek affordable housing?
3. If affordable housing was located in your neighborhood, would you support your local social programs in this endeavor?
4. If yes, what would you be willing to do to help support this cause?
5. Please explain.
6. If no, why do you think this cause is not viable?
7. Please explain.
8. If the local social welfare program in your area imposed specific taxes, would you be willing to participate in another opinion poll?
9. If no, explain why.
10. In the event that local authorities impose new taxes to help support this effort, what are you prepared to do to either support or protest against this new initiative?
Use this question sequence when the interviewee knows the topic well and feels free to talk about it, or when the person wants to express strong feelings. This is the most common of all question sequences for all types of interviews.To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: email@example.com. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.