76. Ron’s Pharmacy has collected $600 in sales taxes during March. If sales taxes must be remitted to the state government monthly, what entry will Ron’s Pharmacy make to show the March remittance?
a. Sales Tax Expense 600
b. Sales Taxes Payable 600
c. Sales Tax Expense 600
Sales Taxes Payable 600
d. No entry required.
77. Marsh Company does not ring up sales taxes separately on the cash register. Total receipts for February amounted to $14,310. If the sales tax rate is 6%, what amount must be remitted to the state for February’s sales taxes?
d. cannot be determined.
78. Mary’s Boutique has total receipts for the month of $16,170 including sales taxes. If the sales tax rate is 5%, what are Mary’s sales for the month?
d. cannot be determined.
79. Two sisters operate a bed and breakfast on the coast of Maine. As customers make reservations they are required to pay cash in advance equal to one-half of the rate for their stay. How should the sisters account for the cash received as reservations are made?
c. Unearned Revenue
80. Julie Watts has a large consulting practice. New clients are required to pay one-half of the consulting fees up front. The balance is paid at the conclusion of the consultation. How does Watts account for the cash received at the end of the engagement?
Unearned Consulting Revenue
c. Prepaid Consulting Revenue
d. No entry is required when the engagement is concluded.
81. Santo Company typically sells subscriptions on an annual basis, and publishes six times a year. The magazine sells 30,000 subscriptions in January at $15 each. What entry is made in January to record the sale of the subscriptions?
a. Subscriptions Receivable 450,000
Subscription Revenue 450,000
b. Cash 450,000
Unearned Subscription Revenue 450,000
c. Subscriptions Receivable 75,000
Unearned Subscription Revenue 75,000
d. Prepaid Subscriptions 450,000
82. Baldwin Company issued a five-year interest-bearing note payable for $50,000 on January 1, 2003. Each January the company is required to pay $10,000 on the note. How will this note be reported on the December 31, 2004 balance sheet?
a. Long-term debt, $50,000.
b. Long-term debt, $40,000.
c. Long-term debt, $30,000; Long-term debt due within one year, $10,000.
d. Long-term debt of $40,000; Long-term debt due within one year, $10,000.
83. From the standpoint of the issuing company, a disadvantage of using bonds as a means of long-term financing is that
a. bond interest is deductible for tax purposes.
b. interest must be paid on a periodic basis regardless of earnings.
c. income to stockholders may increase as a result of trading on the equity.
d. the bondholders do not have voting rights.
84. If a corporation issued $2,000,000 in bonds which pay 10% annual interest, what is the annual net cash cost of this borrowing if the income tax rate is 30%?
85. Secured bonds are bonds that
a. are in the possession of a bank.
b. are registered in the name of the owner.
c. have specific assets of the issuer pledged as collateral.
d. have detachable interest coupons.
86. A legal document which summarizes the rights and privileges of bondholders as well as the obligations and commitments of the issuing company is called
a. a bond indenture.
b. a bond debenture.
c. trading on the equity.
d. a term bond.
87. Stockholders of a company may be reluctant to finance expansion through issuing more equity because
a. leveraging with debt is always a better idea.
b. their earnings per share may decrease.
c. the price of the stock will automatically decrease.
d. dividends must be paid on a periodic basis.
88. Which of the following is not an advantage of issuing bonds instead of common stock?
a. Stockholder control is not affected.
b. Earnings per share on common stock may be lower.
c. Income to common shareholders may increase.
d. Tax savings result.
89. Bonds that are secured by real estate are termed
a. mortgage bonds.
b. serial bonds.
d. bearer bonds.
90. Bonds that mature at a single specified future date are called
a. coupon bonds.
b. term bonds.
c. serial bonds.
91. Bonds that may be exchanged for common stock at the option of the bondholders are called
b. stock bonds.
c. convertible bonds.
d. callable bonds.
92. Bonds that are subject to retirement at a stated dollar amount prior to maturity at the option of the issuer are called
a. callable bonds.
b. early retirement bonds.
93. Investors who receive checks in their names for interest earned on bonds must hold
a. registered bonds.
b. coupon bonds.
c. bearer bonds.
d. direct bonds.
94. A bondholder that sends in a coupon to receive interest payments must have a(n)
a. unsecured bond.
b. bearer bond.
c. mortgage bond.
d. serial bond.
95. Bonds that may be directly transferred to another party by delivery are
a. coupon bonds.
c. registered bonds.
d. transportable bonds.
96. Bonds that must be canceled and reissued as new bonds in order to have ownership interest transferred are
a. coupon bonds.
b. bearer bonds.
c. serial bonds.
d. registered bonds.
97. Corporations are granted the power to issue bonds through
a. tax laws.
b. state laws.
c. federal security laws.
d. bond debentures.
98. The party who has the right to exercise a call option on bonds is the
a. investment banker.
99. Bonds cannot always be categorized as
a. callable or convertible.
b. term or serial.
c. registered or bearer.
d. secured or unsecured.
100. Which of the following statements concerning bonds is not a true statement?
a. Bonds are generally sold through an investment company.
b. The bond indenture is prepared after the bonds are printed.
c. The bond indenture and bond certificate are separate documents.
d. The trustee keeps records of each bondholder.
On March 1, Henson Company borrows $90,000 from Lyon State Bank by signing a 6-month, 10%, interest-bearing note.
Prepare the necessary entries below associated with the note payable on the books of Henson Company.
(a) Prepare the entry on March 1 when the note was issued.
(b) Prepare any adjusting entries necessary on June 30 in order to prepare the semi-annual financial statements. Assume no other interest accrual entries have been made.
(c) Prepare the entry to record payment of the note at maturity.
On January 1, 2003, Leary Corporation issued $800,000, 9%, 5-year bonds dated January 1, 2003, at 96. The bonds pay semiannual interest on January 1 and July 1. The company uses the straight-line method of amortization and has a calendar year end.
Prepare all the journal entries that Leary Corporation would make related to this bond issue through January 1, 2004. Be sure to indicate the date on which the entries would be made.
Dwyer Corporation issues a $500,000, 12%, 20-year mortgage note payable on December 31, 2003, to obtain needed financing for the construction of a building addition. The terms provide for semiannual installment payments of $33,231 on June 30 and December 31.
(a) Prepare the journal entries to record the mortgage loan on December 31, 2003, and the first installment payment.
(b) Will the amount of principal reduction in the second installment payment be more or less than with the first installment payment?
A variety of questions to do with sales tax, revenue, stocks and bonds are answered and explained. The response was given a rating of “5/5” by the student who originally posted the question.To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.