Discussion: Pricing strategies
Discussion: Pricing strategies
In 750-1,000 words, analyze the pricing strategies and discuss the following
*Using the New York Times article, “Defiant, Generic Drug Maker Continues to Raise Prices,” conduct further research on the pricing strategies of generic drug manufacturers. In 750-1,000 words, analyze the pricing strategies and discuss the following:
1.Discuss the pricing decisions of generic drug manufacturers.
2.Evaluate the impact competitors and additional economic factors have on the results of the generic drug pricing strategies. What factors contribute to the advantages and disadvantages of various pricing strategies?
3.Discuss the social and financial implications of generic drug pricing decisions for various groups of stakeholders. What would be the socially optimum pricing strategy for the United States? What would be the socially optimum pricing strategy globally?
**You are required to use at least three academic references to support your reasoning for the team selection process.
***Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
****You will be graded on:
1. Pricing Decision of Generic Drug Manufacturers: A discussion of the pricing decisions of generic drug manufacturers is extremely through and includes substantial supporting details.
2. Competitor Impact and Additional Economic Factors on Pricing Strategies: An evaluation and description of the impact of competitors and additional economic factors on generic drug pricing strategies are extremely through and include substantial supporting details.
3. Advantages and Disadvantages of Various Pricing Strategies: A description of the advantages and disadvantages of various pricing strategies is extremely through and includes substantial supporting details.
4. Social and Financial Implications of Generic Drug Pricing Decision for Various Groups of Stakeholders: A description of the social and financial implications of generic drug pricing for various groups of stakeholders is extremely through and includes substantial supporting details.
5. Socially Optimum Pricing Strategies for the United States and other Countries: A description of socially optimum pricing strategies for the United States and other countries is extremely through and includes substantial supporting details.
6. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
7. Argument Logic and Construction: Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
8. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use): Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
Defiant, Generic Drug Maker Continues to Raise Prices Discussion: Pricing strategies
Read “Defiant, Generic Drug Maker Continues to Raise Prices,” by Morgenson, from the New York Times (2017).
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.