1. Which of the following statements about cost behavior is true?
A costs item that is classified as “variable” relative to one activity base may be classified as “fixed” relative to another activity base.
The concept of “relevant range” applies to fixed costs but not to variable costs.
As output increases, fixed cost per unit increases.
As output increases, mixed cost per unit increases.
2. Which of the following costs changes in direct proportion to a change in the activity level?
3. The Eola Hills Company has estimated the following cost formulas for overhead:
Cost Formula: Lubricants $2,500 plus $0.50 per machine-hour Utilities $3,000 plus $0.60 per machine-hour Depreciation $1,000 Maintenance $1,200 plus $0.10 per machine-hour Machine setup $ 0.30 per machine-hour
Based on these cost formulas, the total overhead cost expected at an activity level of 500 machine hours is:
4. A product sells for $15 per unit and has variable expenses of $9 per unit. Fixed expenses total $70,000 per month. How many units of the product must be sold each month to yield a monthly profit of $20,000?
5. Which of the following statements about cost-volume-profit analysis is false?
A company selling multiple products should use the contribution margin ratio method to perform CVP analysis.
The break-even point is the sales level at which the total contribution margin is equal to total fixed costs.
An assumption of CVP analysis is that productivity improves over time.
An assumption of CVP analysis is that variable costs are linear.
6. Which of the following would take place if a company were forced to increase its variable cost per unit?
Contribution Margin: Break-even Point:
7. Richard Hamilton has a fast-food franchise and must pay a franchise fee equal to $35,000 plus 3% of gross sales. In terms of cost behavior, the fee is a:
8. Which of the following statements about operating leverage is false?
A change in sales volume will affect a company’s operating leverage.
The degree of operating leverage is highest in companies that have relatively high fixed costs and relatively low variable costs in proportion to total coats.
If a company has an operating leverage of “4,” then a 10% increase in sales will result in a 40% increase in net income.
The net income of a company with a relatively low operating leverage will be more sensitive to changes in sales volume than for a company with a relatively high operating leverage.
9. The following information is available for the Skyway Company for 20X5: Sales $200,000 Variable expenses 140,000 Fixed expenses 40,000 What was Skyway’s contribution-margin ratio for 20X5?
10. Atlanta, Inc., which uses the high-low method to analyze cost behavior, has determined that machine hours best explain the company’s utilities cost. The company’s relevant range of activity varies from a low of 600 machine hours to a high of 1,100 machine hours, with the following data being available for the first six months of the year:
Month Utilities Machine Hours
January `$ 8,700 800
February `8,360 720
March `8,950 810
April `9,360 920
May `9,625 950
June` 9,150 900
The variable utilities cost per machine hour is:
11. Atlanta, Inc., which uses the high-low method to analyze cost behavior, has determined that machine hours best explain the company’s utilities cost. The company’s relevant range of activity varies from a low of 600 machine hours to a high of 1,100 machine hours, with the following data being available for the first six months of the year:
Month Utilities Machine Hours
January $ 8,700 800
February 8,360 720
March 8,950 810
April 9,360 920
May 9,625 950
June 9,150 900
The fixed utilities cost per month is:
12. The following information is available for Forrest Company: Sales price: $90 per unit Variable cost: $35 per unit Fixed cost: $37,500 If the variable cost per unit is increased by $7 and the total fixed cost is increased by $4,500, what will be the new break-even point in units?
13. Fliptop’s indirect materials cost for two recent months was as follows:
Production in Units Indirect Materials Cost
March 1,200 $2,100
October 1,400 $2,300
The cost behavior of indirect materials costs at Fliptop is best classified as:
14. The following data are available for Bendo Co.: Sales: $700,000 Variable cost: 390,000 Fixed cost: 250,000 Bendo’s break-even point in dollars is:
15. Wilson sells a single product for $70 that has a variable cost of $45. Fixed costs at the break-even point amount to $15 per unit. If the company sells one unit in excess of its break-even volume, the bottom-line profit will be:
16. An example of a committed fixed cost is:
property taxes on a factory building.
executive travel expenses.
a training program for salespersons.
research and development for new products.To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.