Complementary and Alternative Health Care Essay 4
Complementary and Alternative Health Care Essay 4
· The Course Reflection will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
· Follow the directions and grading criteria closely.
· The length of the reflection is to be minimum three pages excluding title page and reference pages (1000 words).
· APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Time New Roman 12 Font. Double space.
I. Write a Course Reflection Essay following the required components
a. Write a reflective essay after completed Complementary and Alternative Health Care course.
b. Follow the requirements directions.
· Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
· Introduces the purpose of the reflection and addresses BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) pertinent to healthcare policy and advocacy.
2) Course Reflection.
· Include a self-assessment regarding learning that you believe represents your skills, knowledge, and integrative abilities to meet the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) as a result of active learning throughout this course.
· Be sure to use examples from selected readings, threaded discussions, and/or applications to support your assertions to address each of the following sub-competencies:
1. “Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team coordination, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery
in a variety of settings.
2. Demonstrate leadership and communication skills to effectively implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the interprofessional team
3. Demonstrate an awareness of complex organizational systems.
4. Demonstrate a basic understanding of organizational structure, mission, vision, philosophy, and values. Complementary and Alternative Health Care Essay 4
5. Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives, recognizing that these are complex system issues, which involve individuals, families, groups, communities, populations, and other members of the healthcare teams.
6. Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical
questions and describe the process of changing current practice.
7. Promote factors that create a culture of safety and caring.
8. Promote achievement of safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
9. Apply quality improvement processes to effectively implement patient safety initiatives and monitor
performance measures, including nurse-sensitive indicators in the microsystem of care.
10. Use improvement methods, based on data from the outcomes of care processes, to design and test
changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care.
11. Employ principles of quality improvement, healthcare policy, and cost-effectiveness to assist in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystem and/or systemwide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery.
12. Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to
enable systems to change.
13. Compare/contrast the roles and perspectives of the nursing profession with other care professionals on the healthcare team (i.e., scope of discipline, education and licensure requirements).
14. Use inter and interprofessional communication and collaborative skills to deliver evidence-based, patient centered care.
15. Incorporate effective communication techniques, including negotiation and conflict resolution to produce positive professional working relationships.
16. Contribute the unique nursing perspective to interprofessional teams to optimize patient outcomes.
17. Demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
18. Advocate for high quality and safe patient care as a member of the interprofessional team.” (AACN, 2008, pp.14,22).
3) Conclusion. An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major conclusions from the body of your essay. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the pertinent BSN Essential and sub-competencies (AACN, 2008) pertaining to scholarship for evidence-based practice.
Text and Materials used in the course
1. Fontaine, K.L. (2014). Complementary & Alternative Therapies for Nursing Practice. (4th ed.) ISBN-13: 9780133346503
2. Publication Manual American Psychological Association (APA) (6th ed.).
2009 ISBN: 978-1-4338-0561-5.
3. American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.
Course: Complementary and Alternative Health Care
The purpose of this assignment is: to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the “Complementary and Alternative Health Care” course.
a. To learn holistic aspects of care while evaluating complementary and alternative healthcare in diverse populations across the lifespan and around the globe.
b. To address different complementary and alternative treatment practices through evidence-based research.
· Enable to identify and apply alternative therapies during the care of patient in the nursing practice.
· Be able to determine the impact of complementary and alternative therapies in the nursing practice.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Define complementary, alternative and integrative practices as identified by current health paradigms.
• Discuss history for complementary and alternative medicine.
• Given case studies, describe the extent to which complementary and alternative health practices are encouraged and used among multiple cultures.
• Relate concepts into clinical practice.
• Analyze the research regarding the efficacy of selected complementary and alternative practices and products.
• Incorporate integrative medicine which embodies conventional and complementary and alternative medicine, making use of the best available evidence of all three approaches to healing within patient’s personal plan of care. Complementary and Alternative Health Care Essay 4