Want create site? With you can do it easy.
Assignment: Strategic Planning Report
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Assignment: Strategic Planning Report
The leader of a local health care organization, Kendra Klein, has noticed other health care organizations successfully incorporating strategic management practices. Kendra is considering using strategic management for her health care organization. She has hired you to research what the strategic planning development and implementation process is and to address why it helps organizations be successful.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word report that answers the following questions:
•What are the major components of strategic management, and why is each component needed for success?
•Why are an organization’s mission and values important to strategy formulation?
•What benefits does a strategic management process bring to a health care organization?
•How does strategic management affect organizational decision making and financial performance?
◦How does strategic management affect the way an organization responds to its environment?
Cite a minimum of 2 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources to support your information.
Format your report according to APA guidelines.
Report 2: Strategic Planning (Group assignment)
Imagine that you’re a member of a health IT consulting company. Your company (your group) was requested to write a strategic planning for Dr. Smoth’s business (See the scenario below).
- Create your company name and logo, first!
- You will use a SWOT analysis and another strategic tool that you select from the class lecture note.
- The Plan should be less than 5 pages, excluding the cover and the references. There should be 3 or more references (where did you get your info from?). The basic form should be:
- Exec summary
- Vision (very short)
- Mission (a paragraph or less)
- Situation Analysis Summary
- SWOT (1 page) (Use t for brainstorming)
- Another Strategic Tool (1 page)
- Key Success Factors
- Overall comment
- Goals and objectives with dates and outcome measures (paragraphs plus tables)
- Report Structure (1 inch margins, single-spaced, 12 points font size)
- Page 0 – create a COVER SHEET (include your names, class title, your company name and logo, etc). Brand yourself and use the same cover sheet for all your group work. Treat each report as a work document given to a client.
- Page 1 – Write an EXECUTIVE SUMMARY – write this LAST! This should summarize what the rest of the report is about, the main points, the key findings, etc. (1-2 paragraphs).
- Page 2-4 – Mission/Vision Statements, Situation Analysis Summary, SWOT + 1 other tool, Key Success Factors, Overall Comment
- Page 5 – Goals and objectives with dates and outcome measures (Use the table format in the lecture slides)
- Page 6 — References (3 or more, APA style)
Strategic Planning Scenario
Dr. Smith graduated from the University of Florida Medical School in 1996 and continued her studies in Family Practice. After relocating to Tallahassee, she joined Patient’s First group practice on Kerry Forest Parkway. She was not in the position to run her own business; she did not have the management background or the ability to readily attract patients as a solo practitioner (and she had no patients).
After 3 years, Dr. Smith is ready for a change; she wants to open a new practice, to secure financing, and one of her immediate tasks is to create a strategic plan for her business. She is aware that Patient’s First has recently implemented an EMR system (and understands the need for one) and wants to include one in her new practice. She is also aware that she may have to contract with Capital Health Plan, Medicare and Medicaid for patients. At Patient’s First, she had a load of 16-25 patients M-F from 8-5. She covered one weekend a month on an emergency basis. She knows that going solo is a huge undertaking. After 5, patients would call a help desk that would route calls to covering doctors. The “To Do” list of things that must be accomplished in a short period of time is endless. Meanwhile, she has patients to see and a business to run (and of course, medical loans to pay back). She will leave Patient’s First on 4/1/16. She cannot afford any mistakes – everything in the process must occur rapidly, smoothly, and flawlessly as possible.
Tallahassee has few Family Physicians (you MUST look up and CITE info!) and even fewer that accept new patients. She is not worried about getting new patients. As part of the process, she has asked you to assist with creating a basic Strategic Plan. It must include a timeline and goals. This will allow her to keep track of tasks, milestones, and documents related to the new practice opening. She also wants to set herself apart from other doctors in how she provides services and her interaction with customers.
Given your knowledge of Health IT (she thinks you’re aware of all the recent health changes and can act as her guidance in preparation for ‘meaningful use’ and new EMR adoption rules), she has asked for your assistance.
Her Key Concerns are:
- Creating a strategic plan (which may act as her business plan)
- Maintaining credentialing/enrollment
- Ensuring financial planning for her practice
- Renting a facility that meets her needs requirements (1 office, 1 waiting room, 4 pt rooms)
- Attracting patients
- Continuing billing operations
- Starting electronic health record implementation
- Management of personnel (1 office manager, 3 nurses, 1 receptionist)
- Task prioritization
- Timeline development with due dates
- Staying SANE through the process
This report provides a clear description of strategic planning.
This report is well-developed, answering all of the questions and following the report structure.
This report is well-organized, using titles, headings, numbering, dot-points, appropriately.
The report cites resources properly (APA formatting style) and provides references.
Total Points: 50.0
Did you find apk for android? You can find new and apps.