Assignment Human Subjects
Assignment Human Subjects
Please read the whole articles I attached below (about 16 articles) related to my topic of research which is managing floods in Saudi. Than read the document called Typical sections of a research proposal and follow the instructions there to do this final proposal research. I also attached the literature review of the research, internal reliability and validity, sample for a proposal with comments from the professor that you should take a look at, and the statistics (ppt) of this research. Do not forget that the main research question is what preventive methods should Saudi use to prevent the occurrence of floods in the future? The goal of this research is to answer this question providing recommendations based on the research. This is the main research question.
Presume the reader has the power to approve or reject your proposal for funding, permission, etc. Additionally, presume they do not know your field or discipline. All abbreviations to be spelled out the first time, all terms defined, all processes and decisions grounded in the cited, scientific or academic literature.
Please highly consider the following:
– It should be publication ready, with proper format, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
– All (every) assertions, methods, and analysis choices should be supported with a foundation(reference).
– Presume your audience knows NOTHING about the subject, and define all concepts and abbreviations when first used.
– You need to describe what data you will collect, how you will collect it, how you will assure validity and reliability, and how you will analyze your ‘data’.
– All ‘tools’ or ‘instruments’ with your instructions or desired observation points need to be included (likely as an appendix) so another researcher could repeat your work.
– You should include your ‘expectations’ of what your research will reveal, and how that will impact the field.
– If a statistical analysis is to be utilized, the method and specific tests should be mentioned, with the rationale of why that is the appropriate measure.
– Proper APA format
– Human Subjects IRB must be included, and do not forget to include Introduction: Statement of the problem, Background, Guiding questions, objectives, hypothesis, methodology, Limitations and Delimitations, Significance of the Study, Review of the Literature, proper Reference List. All of what you have to do is described in the document that called Typical sections of a research proposal
– I will attach the 16 articles of the research that you should comprehensively and carefully read once I assign you the task. because I cannot attach more than five article in the question here.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
Assignment Human Subjects
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.
- Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours.
Assignment Human Subjects