Alterations in Cellular Processes Assignment.
A 16-year-old boy comes to clinic with chief complaint of sore throat for 3 days. Denies fever or chills. PMH negative for recurrent colds, influenza, ear infections or pneumonias. NKDA or food allergies. Alterations in Cellular Processes Assignment.Physical exam reveals temp of 99.6 F, pulse 78 and regular with respirations of 18. HEENT normal with exception of reddened posterior pharynx with white exudate on tonsils that are enlarged to 3+. Positive anterior and posterior cervical adenopathy. Rapid strep test performed in office was positive. His HCP wrote a prescription for amoxicillin 500 mg po q 12 hours x 10 days disp #20
He took the first capsule when he got home and immediately complained of swelling of his tongue and lips, difficulty breathing with audible wheezing. 911 was called and he was taken to the hospital, where he received emergency treatment for his allergic reaction.
Post an explanation of the disease highlighted in the scenario you were provided. Include the following in your explanation:
· The role genetics plays in the disease.Alterations in Cellular Processes Assignment.
· Why the patient is presenting with the specific symptoms described.
· The physiologic response to the stimulus presented in the scenario and why you think this response occurred.
· The cells that are involved in this process.
· How another characteristic (e.g., gender, genetics) would change your response.
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
Immunity and Inflammation
Acid-Base Balance #1
Acid-Base Balance #2
Answers all parts of the Discussion question(s) with reflective critical analysis, Supported by at least three current, credible sources. 1-2 pages