1. Which of the following is not a step in the accounting process?
2. Which of the following statements about users of accounting information is incorrect?
Regulatory authorities are internal users.
Present creditors are external users.
Management is an internal user.
Taxing authorities are external users.
3. The first step in solving an ethical dilemma is to
identify and analyze the principal elements in the situation.
recognize an ethical situation and the ethical issues involved.
weigh the impact of each alternative on various stakeholders.
Identify the alternatives.
4. The historical cost principle states that
assets should be initially recorded at cost and adjusted when the fair value changes.
only transaction data capable of being expressed in terms of money be included in the accounting records.
activities of an entity are to be kept separate and distinct from its owner.
assets should be recorded at their cost.
5. Which of the following statements about basic assumptions is correct?
The economic entity assumption states that there should be a particular unit of accountability.
The monetary unit assumption enables accounting to measure employee morale.
Partnerships are not economic entities.
Basic assumptions are the same as accounting principles.
6. Liabilities of a company would not include
salaries and wages payable.
7. Performing services on account will
increase assets and decrease owner’s equity.
increase assets and increase liabilities.
increase liabilities and increase owner’s equity.
increase assets and increase owner’s equity.
8. All of the following descriptions about an account are true except
An account may be part of a manual or a computerized accounting system.
An account is a source document.
An account has a title.
An account has a debit and credit side.
9. When a company earns revenues, owner’s equity increases.
10. The first step in the recording process is to
enter in a journal.
prepare a trial balance.
prepare the financial statements.
analyze each transaction for its effect on the accounts.
11. An entry that requires more than two accounts is a compound entry.
12. Management could determine the amounts due from customers by examining which ledger account?
is accomplished by examining ledger accounts and seeing which ones need updating.
involves transferring all debits and credits on a journal page to the trial balance.
accumulates the effects of journalized transactions in the individual accounts.
14. A trial balance would only help in detecting which one of the following errors?
A transaction that is not journalized.
Offsetting errors made in recording the transaction.
A transposition error when transferring the debit side of the journal entry to the ledger.
A journal entry that is posted twice.
15. Which of the following time periods would not be referred to as an interim period?
16. The revenue recognition principle dictates that revenue should be recognized in the accounting records
when services are performed.
when cash is received.
at the end of the month.
in the period that income taxes are paid.
17. An adjusting entry always affects
an expense account and a revenue account.
an asset account and a revenue account.
an asset account and a liability account.
an income statement account and a balance sheet account.
18. Accumulated Depreciation is an asset account.
19. Clark Real Estate signed a four-month note payable in the amount of $8,000 on September 1. The note requires interest at an annual rate of 12%. The amount of interest to be accrued at the end of September is
20. The adjusted trial balance is prepared
after the financial statements are prepared.
after the balance sheet is prepared.
after the adjusting entries are prepared and posted to the ledger.
to prove no errors have been made during the accounting period.
21. If a company initially records the purchase of supplies to the Supplies Expense account, the amount of the adjusting entry made at the end of an accounting period will be equal to
the supplies on hand at the end of the period.
the supplies used during the period.
the supplies purchased during the period.
the supplies not paid for by the end of the period.
22. Companies journalize the adjustments after they complete the worksheet but before preparing the financial statements.
23. The Owner’s Drawings account is closed through the Income Summary account.
24. The purpose of the post-closing trial balance is to
prove that no mistakes were made.
prove the equality of the balance sheet account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
list all the balance sheet accounts in alphabetical order for easy reference.
prove the equality of the income statement account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
25. Which of the following steps in the accounting cycle may be performed more frequently than annually?
journalize closing entries
post closing entries
prepare a trial balance
prepare a post-closing trial balance
26. Correcting entries
affect income statement accounts only.
affect balance sheet accounts only.
may involve any combination of accounts in need of correction.
always affect at least one balance sheet account and one income statement account.
27. Current liabilities are obligations that are reasonably expected to be paid from existing current assets or through the creation of other current liabilities.
28. Use of reversing entries
simplifies the recording of subsequent transactions.
is a required step in the accounting cycle.
is required for all adjusting entries.
changes the amount reported in the financial statements.
29. In a perpetual inventory system, a company determines the cost of goods sold each time a sale occurs.
30. Stine Company purchased merchandise with an invoice price of $2,000 and credit terms of 1/10, n/30. Assuming a 365 day year, what is the implied annual interest rate inherent in the credit terms?
31. In a perpetual inventory system, the Cost of Goods Sold account is used
only when a cash sale of merchandise occurs.
only when a credit sale of merchandise occurs.
only when a sale of merchandise occurs.
whenever there is a sale of merchandise or a return of merchandise sold.
32. In preparing closing entries for a merchandiser, the Income Summary account will be credited for the balance of
33. Indicate which one of the following would appear on the income statement of both a merchandiser and a service company.
Cost of goods sold
34. Which of the following accounts will appear in the trial balance of a merchandising company but not a service company?
Salaries and Wages Expense.
Accumulated Depreciation – Equipment.
35. Which one of the following transactions is recorded with the same entry in a perpetual and a periodic inventory system?
Payment of freight costs on a purchase
Sale of merchandise on credit
Cash received on account with a discount
Return of merchandise sold
36. When the terms of sale are FOB shipping point, ownership of the goods remains with the seller until the goods reach the buyer.
37. The FIFO method assumes that the earliest goods purchased are the first to be sold.
38. In periods of rising prices, the inventory method which results in the inventory value on the balance sheet that is closest to current cost is the
average cost method.
39. The lower-of-cost–or-market basis of valuing inventories is an example of
the historical cost principle.
40. Understating beginning inventory will understate
cost of goods sold.
41. Inventory turnover is calculated by dividing cost of goods sold by
42. A new average cost is computed each time a purchase is made in the
average cost method.
all of these methods.
moving-average cost method.
weighted-average cost method.
43. The consistent application of an inventory costing method is essential for
44. Understating beginning inventory will understate
cost of goods sold.
45. Disclosures about inventory should include each of the following except the
basis of accounting.
quantity of inventory.
major inventory classifications.
To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.