1. A mass is hung from ropes as shown in the diagram. The rope on the left has a tension T1 = 10.0 N. (A) Draw a free-body diagram of the knot where the three ropes meet. (B) Find the tension T2 in the right-hand rope. (C) Find the mass which is hanging. (Answers: T2 = 27.5 N, m = 2.98 kg.)
2. A 63.0 kg sprinter starts a race with an acceleration of 4.20 m/s^2. What is the net external force on him?
3. What net external force is exerted on a 1100 kg artillery shell fired from a battleship if the shell is accelerated at 2.40 x 10^4 m/s^2? What force is exerted on the ship by the artillery shell?
4. A motorcycle can produce an acceleration of 3.50 m/s^2 while traveling at 90.0 km/h. At that speed, the forces resisting motion, including friction and air resistance, total 400 N. The total mass, including rider, is 245 kg. Draw the necessary free-body diagram. What force does the ground exert forward on the motorcycle to produce its acceleration? How does this relate to the force that the motorcycle exerts backward on the ground?
5. The wheels of a midsize car exert a combined force of 2100 N backward on the road to accelerate the car in the forward direction. Draw a free-body diagram of the car. If the force of friction including air resistance is 250 N and the acceleration of the car is 1.80 m/s^2, what is the mass of the car including its occupants?
6. The weight of an astronaut plus his space suit on the moon is only 60.0 lb. How much do they weigh (in pounds) on the earth?
7. Suppose the mass of a fully loaded module in which astronauts take off from the moon is 10,000 kg. The thrust of the engines is 30,000 N. (A) Calculate its acceleration in a vertical take-off from the moon. (B) Could it lift off from the earth? If not, why not? If so, calculate its acceleration.
8. Show that the acceleration of any object down an incline where friction behaves simply (that is, where f_k = u_k N) is
a = g(sin(theta) – u_k cos(theta)).
Note that this expression is independent of mass. In the Projectile Motion lab, we assert that the acceleration of the puck is a = g sin(theta). Is this consistent with the above equation? (Note: “show” means “derive”. You will start with a free-body diagram, obtain a second-law equation, and solve for the acceleration.)
9. Calculate the force a mother must exert to hold her 12.0-kg child in an elevator under the following conditions: (A) The elevator accelerates upward at 0.850 m/s^2. (B) The elevator moves upward at a constant speed of 2.0 m/s. (C) The upward bound elevator slows at a rate of 2.30 m/s^2.
A free-body diagram is necessary for solving this problem. It is the same for all three parts.
10. Two men are pushing a Pontiac (automobile) on level ground. Harry pushes with a force of 300 N, while Bert pushes with a 400 N force. (Both forces are horizontal). The car’s mass is 1200 kg, and it is moving at a constant velocity of 2.5 m/s. (A) Draw a free-body diagram of the car, labeling all forces. (B) Calculate the force of friction. (This is not sliding friction: the coefficient of friction is not involved.) (C) Suppose that Harry stops pushing. What is the acceleration of the car? Give the magnitude and direction. (D) Suppose both men stop pushing. What is the acceleration of the car now? (Again, give magnitude and direction.)
This solution solves 10 applied physics questions.
To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: email@example.com. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.