Study guide for auditing class to use to study for final exam
Multiple Choice – Choose the BEST answer for each question
1. Which of the following accounts does not appear in the acquisition and expenditure cycle?
b. Purchases Returns.
c. Sales Returns.
d. Prepaid Insurance.
2. For which of the following accounts would the matching concept be the most appropriate?
a. Cost of Goods Sold.
b. Research and Development.
c. Depreciation Expense.
3. Which of the following would not overstate current period net income?
a. Capitalizing an expenditure that should be expensed.
b. Failing to record a liability for an expenditure.
c. Failing to record a check paying an item in Vouchers Payable.
d. All of the above would overstate net income.
4. A client’s purchasing system ends with the recording of a liability and its eventual payment. Which of the following best describes the auditor’s primary concern with respect to liabilities resulting from the purchasing system?
a. Accounts payable are not materially understated.
b. Authority to incur liabilities is restricted to one designated person.
c. Acquisition of materials is not made from one vendor or one group of vendors.
d. Commitments for all purchases are made only after established competitive
bidding procedures are followed.
5. Which of the following is an internal control activity that could prevent a paid disbursement voucher from being presented for payment a second time?
a. Vouchers should be prepared by individuals who are responsible for signing disbursement checks.
b. Disbursement vouchers should be approved by at least two responsible management officials.
c. The date on a disbursement voucher should be within a few days of the date the voucher is presented for payment.
d. The official who signs the check should compare the check with the voucher and should stamp ‘PAID’ on the voucher documents.
6. Budd, the purchasing agent of Lake Hardware Wholesalers, has a relative who owns a retail hardware store. Budd arranged for hardware to be delivered by manufacturers to the retail store on a COD basis, thereby enabling his relative to buy at Lake’s wholesale prices. Budd was probably able to accomplish this because of Lake’s poor internal control over
a. Purchase requisitions.
b. Cash receipts.
c. Perpetual inventory records.
d. Purchase orders.
7. Which of the following is the best audit procedure for determining the existence of unrecorded liabilities?
a. Examine confirmation requests returned by creditors whose accounts appear on a subsidiary trial balance of accounts payable.
b. Examine a sample of cash disbursements in the period subsequent to year-end.
c. Examine a sample of invoices a few days prior to and subsequent to the year-end to ascertain whether they have been properly recorded.
d. Examine unusual relationships between monthly accounts payable and recorded purchases.
8. Which of the following procedures is least likely to be performed before the balance sheet date?
a. Observation of inventory.
b. Review of internal control over cash disbursements.
c. Search for unrecorded liabilities.
d. Confirmation of receivables.
9. To determine whether accounts payable are complete, an auditor performs a test to verify that all merchandise received has been recorded. The population for this test consists of all
a. Vendors’ invoices.
b. Purchase orders.
c. Receiving reports.
d. Cancelled checks.
10. When verifying debits to the perpetual inventory records of a nonmanufacturing company, an auditor would be most interested in examining a sample of purchase
11. A furniture company ordered 84 tables from a supplier. The supplier accidentally sent only 48 tables. The tables were accepted by the receiving department at the furniture company. The invoice was eventually received but was for the original 84 tables. The furniture company paid the entire amount. Which of the following controls would have been least likely to have prevented this erroneous payment?
a. The copy of the purchase order sent to the furniture company’s receiving
department should not have shown an expected quantity.
b. Personnel in the furniture company’s accounts payable department should
compare the receiving report to the purchase invoice before creation of the voucher.
c. Personnel in the furniture company’s cash disbursements department should
compare the check that is prepared to all of the backup documentation.
d. Personnel in the furniture company’s purchasing department should compare the
purchase requisition to the purchase order.
12. Curtis, a maintenance supervisor, submitted maintenance invoices from a phony repair company and received the checks at a post office box. This should have been prevented by
a. Recognition of the phony company a. by the check signer.
b. Recognition of the excess maintenance costs by Curtis’s supervisor.
c. Refusal by the purchasing department to approve the vendor.
d. All of the above.
13. For which of the following accounts would an auditor most likely examine support for the detail charges?
a. Payroll Expense.
b. Cost of Goods Sold.
c. Supplies Expense.
d. Legal Expense.
14. Which of the following accounts would most likely be audited in connection with a related balance sheet account?
a. Property Tax Expense.
b. Payroll Expense.
c. Research and Development.
d. Legal Expense.
15. Which cycle is not linked to the production cycle?
a. Acquisition and expenditure cycle.
b. Payroll cycle.
c. Revenue and collection cycle.
d. Finance and investment cycle.
16. To determine the client’s planned amount and timing of production of a product, the auditor will review the
a. Sales forecast.
b. Inventory reports.
c. Production plan.
d. Purchases journal.
17. An auditor reviews job cost sheets to test which assertion?
a. Existence or occurrence.
c. Valuation or allocation.
d. Presentation and disclosure.
18. Which of the following is an internal control weakness for a company whose inventory of supplies consists of a large number of individual items?
a. Supplies of relatively little value are expensed when purchased.
b. The cycle basis is used for physical counts.
c. The warehouse manager is responsible for maintenance of perpetual inventory records.
d. Perpetual inventory records are maintained only for items of significant value.
19. To make a year-to-year comparison of inventory turnover meaningful, the auditor will perform the analysis
a. For the company as a whole.
b. By division.
c. By product.
d. All of the above.
20. An auditor will usually trace the details of the test counts during the observation of the taking of physical inventory to a final inventory compilation. This audit procedure is undertaken to provide evidence that items physically present and observed by the auditor at the time of the physical inventory count are
a. Owned by the client.
b. Not obsolete.
c. Physically present at the time of the preparation of the final inventory schedule.
d. Included in the final inventory schedule.
1. A/The other three items are either acquisitions or expenditures. Unidentified cash is neither.
2. A/ The “matching concept” is one in which expenses are recognized in the income statement.
3. B/Failing to record a liability, a decrease in income, could certainly lead to the overstatement of an income statement.
4. B/Liabilities are always a negative to a business and as such should be controlled by the authorization limited to only one authority.
5. D/These precautions will prevent any invoice from being re-submitted for payment.
6. D/Internal control of purchase orders would prevent orders being prepared under illegal circumstances.
7. D/Unusual relationships between accounts payable and recorded purchases should reveal any amounts attributable to unrecorded …
Twenty multiple choice questions are asked in preparing the year four student for a final exam in an auditing class.
To continue with the answer check on mycoursewriter.com/
Why Choose Us
Quality Homework Writing
Do you need to ace your test? We have qualified writers to assist you in writing 100% quality homework writing. Mycoursewriter offers students unique and personalized custom papers that help them in getting good grades. Our academic experts will assist you with your dissertation papers, thesis writing, research papers, term papers, and case study homework help. Our writers are experienced and have perfected the art of crafting the best essay writing papers regardless of your academic level. Order now and get our superb homework writing services.
Expert Academic Writers
A student needs professional assistance outside class time. Before hiring our writers, they undergo thorough tests and strict educational backgrounds. After passing a test, our writers undergo training to ensure they deliver expert professional papers to our customers. We ensure they meet the timely delivery of papers and follow our customers' provided instructions. Every writer is an ENL writer and is from the USA, Canada, UK, or Australia. Our experts approach papers effectively depending on their area of specialization.
Affordable Price Guarantees
Is the deal too good to be true? Mycoursewriter is the most affordable assignment help website on the market. We consider students' daily needs for academic help. Our paper costs are reasonably priced to approximately 90% of students around the globe. Our main aim is to ensure students achieve academic excellence, and we believe inconsiderable prices should not hinder students from getting quality homework writing help. In case of any dissatisfaction, we offer unlimited revisions and rewrites without extra charges.
Timely delivery of papers
Tight deadline? Is your paper due in the next few hours? Worry no more. Our writers are here for your rescue. Many college students find it hard to balance their social and academic life and get caught up with academic deadlines. Drafting your paper at the last minute does not allow you to conduct extensive research and craft the correct answers. We have expert writers ready to work on your assignment writing. Urgent writing services are the ultimate solutions you need. We guarantee you timely delivery of papers at your convenience and specified time delivery of the customer.
100% Original Tasks
The ultimate deal-breaker in achieving good grades is submitting imitative papers. Plagiarism is a breach of examination standards and has serious consequences. Students need to deliver papers written in their understanding by paraphrasing their research findings and relevant citations. Our expert's primary consideration is providing free plagiarized papers that meet the lecturers' requirements. Our editors will proofread your paper before delivery ad ensure your papers will not be substandard. We guarantee extreme originality, and in case of any customer concerns, we offer a plagiarism report.
All Round the clock Customer Support
Our website is user-friendly and super useful! Mycoursewriter is the most trusted online writing website always available to provide you with assignment writing services that you need. Our primary concern is meeting customer need specifications by our friendly customer support team that Is available all the time. Our website usability is self-learnable but in case of any problem, feel free to contact us directly through our website email: email@example.com. We have diligently satisfied thousands of students, and you can witness this on our sites' review page.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Advantages of Using Our Assignment writing Services
Mycoursewriter welcomes you for superb essay writing services. We are a legit site offering help with your most challenging homework writing assignments at affordable prices. Your essay paper will be assigned to a professional writer who will craft the paper from scratch according to your provided instructions.
Essay writing is a common assignment writing for most college students. It takes a lot of time to craft a complete perfect essay. Mycourserwiter offers the best essay writing and proofreading services for most college students. Your paper is assigned to an expert writer who does thorough research on fresh ideas and personalizes your essay paper according to your assignment writing guidelines. Our essays are entirely exceptional and undergo a strict procedure that includes papers free from plagiarism and thorough proofreading.
Admission and Business Papers
Writing an admission paper is not every student's desire, and this should not hinder any student from earning an admission. Writing a perfect personal statement to earn a position in a dream school or job can be stressful. Personal statements should display a high level of confidence and uniqueness. Admission essays require you to have a vast knowledge of the current happenings in the world and knowhow of the business world. We have qualified writers with skills who will write your admission paper through comprehensive research. All you have to do is provide us with little details about yourself, instructions and our writers will craft a perfect paper for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Mycoursewriter offers you assignment writing services free from grammatical and formatting mistakes. An error-free paper is significant in scoring the desired maximum grades. We have a team of editors who will go through your paper after our expert writers have delivered their fully crafted papers. Our writers will cover all the aspects of your paper instructions, such as fonts, spacing, and educational formats. Our team of editors will check through your paper to make sure it meets the formatting style provided in the paper instructions. Under no circumstances will a poorly formatted paper will be forwarded to you as our team of editors will ensure careful proofreading.
Assignment writing is part of a learning process, and one may not have the knowledge to answer all questions correctly. This should not be a stress to you as we have qualified essay writing experts to help you. Our qualified writers are holders of PhDs, Degrees, and Masters in different areas of study and can handle any papers regardless of the complexity. Multiple assignments may be challenging to finish on time. Our skilled professional writers are here to assist you in crafting all the correct answers for your assignment. Stop stressing about your homework writing and place an order with us, and our expert writers will provide you with the best assignment help.